- 2 T ghee
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 t black onion seeds
- 4 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 1 x 70 g tub Woolworths prepared garlic, chilli and ginger
- 700 g cauliflower florets
- 570 g chana dhal, soaked overnight
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1–2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cobs sweetcorn, kernels removed
- fresh coconut, for serving
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Woolworths naan bread, toasted, for serving
Melt the ghee in a large shallow pan or saucepan add the spices, curry leaves, 1 cube garlic, the chilli and ginger and fry for 2 minutes over a medium heat until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower, increase the heat and fry for a few minutes until it starts to catch slightly. Remove from the pan.Reduce the heat to medium and add the soaked dhal, turmeric, coconut milk and enough stock to just to cover the dhal. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes
or until tender. Add more stock if necessary.
When the dhal is tender, stir in the sweetcorn kernels, season to taste and remove from the heat.
Fold through the cauliflower and serve warm with freshly grated coconut and toasted naan bread.
Cook's note: Vibrant dhal is a satisfying vegetarian meal that's made for sharing. Gather round, pass the platter and spread the sunshine!