- 2 T tamarind paste
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 x 3 cm ginger piece, grated
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 t red chilli flakes
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 2 t ground turmeric
- 2 T fish sauce
- 1 x 400 g coconut cream can
- 1 Woolworths rotisserie chicken, jointed
- 1 fresh coconut, removed from the shell and cut into large pieces
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
- 4 T coriander, roughly chopped, to garnish
Dissolve the tamarind paste in ½ cup boiling water in a small mixing bowl. Remove any seeds. 2
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass and turmeric and fry for 30 seconds, then add the tamarind water and fish sauce. Add the coconut cream and mix through.
Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, then add the chicken and toss through the sauce.
Garnish with the coconut, spring onion and coriander.