- 8 Woolworths supersweet sweetcorn cobs, blanched
- 2 red peppers, halved and seeded
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 250 g streaky bacon
- 6 T coriander, roughly chopped, plus extra to garnish
- ½ cup extra sour sriracha sauce, plus extra for serving
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g Grana Padano finely grated
- Spring onions, thinly sliced, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Place the sweetcorn over a gas flame or under the grill and char slightly, turning to ensure it doesn’t burn.
When cool enough to handle, remove the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife. Place in a mixing bowl.
Place the red peppers on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until slightly charred, turning to char evenly.
Place the peppers in a bowl, cover with clingwrap and set aside for 10 minutes.
While the peppers are steaming, place the bacon on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until crisp. Chop roughly and add to the bowl with the sweetcorn.
Gently rub the skins off the peppers, then tear into pieces and add to the sweetcorn and bacon.
Add the coriander and toss in the sriracha sauce, lime and lemon juice and olive oil, then transfer to a serving dish. Top with the Grana Padano, coriander, spring onions and extra sriracha sauce if desired.
Cook’s note: Serve with a creamy potato salad and ribs.