- 800 g matured fillet steak
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200 g green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 50 g raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms
- Wilted greens or baby potatoes tossed in a home-made vinaigrette, for serving
Slice the fillet into four even portions and leave to marinate in a bowl with the olive oil, rosemary and seasoning, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Heat a nonstick frying pan until hot. Sear the fillets on all sides for 8 minutes, or until the meat is tender and browned, then remove from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
In a bowl, mix the garlic, olive and almond with the olive oil, until combined. In another pan, heat a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over a medium heat.
Slice the mushrooms and fry until golden and cooked.
Plate the fillet medallions and top with a good spoonful of the tapenade and the mushroom.
Season and serve with the wilted greens or baby potatoes tossed in a home-made vinaigrette.
Per serving: 2194.5 kJ, 44.2 g protein, 29 g fat, 17.5 g carbs