- 400 g linguine
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 x 400 g can crushed Italian tomatoes
- 4 cups organic vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 x 500 g box whole-shell mussels with whitewine-and-parsley butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 30 g chorizo salami, torn (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- flat-leaf parsley, torn, for sprinkling
Break the lengths of pasta in half. Heat the oil in a wide, deep pan or saucepan until medium hot. Add the pasta and cook, using tongs to continously toss, until it darkens. If necessary, add more oil or, if easier, cook in two batches.
Blend the tomato, stock, garlic and saffron (if using), then pour over the pasta. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring now and again, until the pasta is almost tender.
Add the contents of the sachet of frozen mussels (don’t defrost), plus some of the wine to prevent catching. Cover tightly and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the mussels have opened (discard any that refuse to open). Add the salami, season to taste and sprinkle with the parsely.
Per serving: 2847.9 KJ, 23.9 g protein, 24.7 g fat, 88 g carbs