- 1x200 g mini Rosa tomatoes punnet
- 4 T extra virign olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1x300 g leeks punnet, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g risotto rice
- 125 ml fruity dry white wine
- 1 x 400 g whole peeled Italian tomatoes can
- 500 ml liquid organic chicken or vegetable stock
- Prosciutto or grilled prawns (optional)
- 2-3 T Woolworths Kalamata olive tapenade
- 130 g Parmesan grated, plus extra for serving
- Basil leaves a handful, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a wide pan with a lid, stir-fry the Rosa tomatoes in 1 T oil until they start to pop. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, soften the leeks in the remaining olive oil. Stir in the garlic and risotto rice.
Once the rice is well-coated with the leeks, pour in the wine. Cook, stirring, until the wine is absorbed. Meanwhile, blend the canned tomatoes with the stock. Add the liquid, a few ladlefuls at a time, stirring until the liquid is absorbed. It should take about 20 minutes until the rice is cooked – tender but with a bit of a bite.
Add the prosciutto or prawns if using, then stir in the olive tapenade and sprinkle over 130 g Parmesan. Cover and leave for a few minutes, then check the seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the panfried tomatoes and basil leaves. Pass around Parmesan at the table.