- For the easy hummus:
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained (set aside a small handful to garnish)
- 1 T tahini
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 t lemon juice
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- chickpeas fried in 1t olive oil and ½ t turmeric, to garnish
- 1 T sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
- 2 x 35 g Woolworths rainbow trout skin crisps, salt & vinegar flavoured
- For the spicy labneh dip:
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- ½ t paprika
- 2 x 150 g tubs Woolworths labneh
- 1 t Woolworths linseed and smoked paprika dukkah spice
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 x 35 g Woolworths rainbow trout skin crisps, salted
View this post on Instagram
1. To make the quick hummus, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the turmeric-roasted chickpeas and sesame seeds.
2. To make the labneh, heat the oil and paprika in a saucepan. Allow to infuse slightly, then remove from the heat. Spoon the labneh into a serving bowl. Drizzle over the paprika and top with the linseed and smoked paprika dukkah spice and sliced spring onions.
3. Serve both dips with the salted and salt & vinegar flavoured rainbow trout skin crisps.
Woolworths' rainbow trout skin crisps are made from trout that are farmed in the cold waters of the Lesotho Highlands and the Western Cape. These trout skin crisps are low in carbohydrates, high in protein, and a rich source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids. They're cold smoked, hand cut, fried in small batches to golden-brown perfection and seasoned to create a crispy snack.
Photographs: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Jacqui Burgess
Food assistant: Leila-Ann Mokotedi