- 8 small red peppers
- 250 g smooth full-cream cream cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 t smoked chilli flakes
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 x 170 g Woolworths light-meat shredded tuna in brine can, drained
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and ribs using a small sharp knife.
Mix the cream cheese, garlic, chilli flakes, cumin, coriander and tuna in a large mixing bowl. Remove the thyme leaves from the stalk, add to the mixture and mix through. Season to taste.
Stuff the peppers with the filling, place on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes, or until charred and soft.
Serve immediately with a squeeze of lemon juice.