- For the broth:
- 1 T Woolworths butter-flavoured avocado oil
- 100 g baby leeks, finely chopped
- 1 x 70 g punnet Woolworths crushed garlic, ginger and turmeric
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1⁄2 t turmeric
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 t palm sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- For serving:
- 600 g Woolworths chicken meatballs
- 300 g shimeji mushrooms
- 100 g baby pak choi
- 200 g rice vermicelli, cooked according to package instructions
- 40 g coconut chunks, finely grated, to garnish
Heat the avocado oil in a large pan over a medium to high heat. Sweat the baby leeks until golden and translucent.
Add the ginger, garlic and turmeric and cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining broth ingredients and whisk to combine.
Poach the chicken meatballs in the coconut broth until cooked through.
Add the shimeji mushrooms and baby pak choi and cook until al dente. Serve with the rice vermicelli and garnish
with the coconut.
Cook's note: Turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.