- 1 small butternut, peeled and sliced, cut into 1⁄2 cm-thick pieces
- 3–4 sweet potatoes, cut into 1⁄2 cm-thick pieces
- 2–3 cups sour cream
- 2–3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh thyme, a few springs
- 200 g streaky bacon, grilled until crispy, finely choped
- 40 g Woolworths crispy onion sprinkle
- 50 g breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Peel and slice the butternut and sweet potatoes into 1⁄2 cm-thick pieces. Arrange snugly in an ovenproof dish, pour over the sour cream, season to taste and sprinkle over garlic and a few sprigs fresh thyme. Bake for 25 minutes.
At the same time, grill the streaky bacon until crispy. Finely chop the bacon, mix with Woolworths crispy onion sprinkle and breadcrumbs, then sprinkle over the vegetables and bake for a further 10–15 minutes until golden and tender.
Cook's note: Serve with chicken schnitzel and asparagus tips glazed in melted butter with a squeeze of lemon juice. You can also swap the butternut and sweet potato for baby marrow and brinjal if you prefer.