- 3 T sunflower oil
- 250 g Woolworths pork mince
- 1 T fresh ginger, finely grated
- 6 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- 100 g Woolworths rice vermicelli noodles, cooked to package instructions
- 1 little gem lettuce head, sliced
- 1 T coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 T Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup coconut milk, for serving
- 1 T soya sauce, for serving
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Heat 2 T oil in a nonstick pan over a medium to high heat. Mix the mince and ginger. Fry the mince in small batches until crispy, then set aside.
Heat the remaining oil in the same pan. Pour in the eggs, then add the noodles, lettuce and herbs. Top with the mince and cook over a medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Finish in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Season to taste and serve with coconut milk and soya sauce.
Cook's note: This recipe is the secret to my ultimate hot egg sandwich: cook and serve on a hot toasted roll or toasted pita. Just add sriracha!