- 240 g cake flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 125 g butter, chilled, plus extra for greasing
- 2 extra-large free-range eggs
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- Crème fraîche, for spreading
- For the sticky strawberry preserve, mix:
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam, melted
- 400 g strawberries, hulled and sliced
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Sift the flour with the baking powder and salt. Grate in the butter and lightly rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Beat the eggs with the yoghurt and stir into the flour mixture with a large fork until just combined to form a lumpy mixture.
Spoon into 10 greased muffin moulds. Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden. Leave to settle for a few minutes then carefully place on a wire rack to cool.
Serve spread with crème fraîche and lots of sticky strawberry preserve.