There is plenty to look forward to this month. Summer is around the corner, we are in Level 1 of lockdown and the November issue is TASTE is out! You can get your issue at your local Woolworths, plus it is available for digital download via zinio.com and magzter.com. Whichever way you get your copy of TASTE, here is what you can look forward to in the issue:
SUBSCRIBE AND WIN!
Subscribe to TASTE for just R37 an issue and you could win one of three wine and olive hampers from Tokara, each worth R1 700!
Tokara’s prowess as a producer of world-class Cabernet Sauvignon-led reds knows no bounds. Hence, the spate of top 10 and top 100 rankings on the local and international stage for the stand-out 2017 vintage. Cabernet Sauvignon is the original focus variety of this acclaimed Stellenbosch wine and olive estate, which produces singular expressions and a consummate Bordeaux-style blend. These wines express a true sense of place, refinement, elegance and balance.
SIX EASY WAYS TO SUBSCRIBE
1. Call 087 353 1300. This number can also be called for renewals.
2. For international subscriptions, call 021 065 0033.
3. SMS ‘TASTE’ to 32361.
4. WhatsApp “TASTE” to 087 353 1333.
5. Email email@example.com.
6. For digital subscriptions, visit zinio.com or magzter.com.
INSIDE THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE
We cover the latest food trends, break down some springtime dishes and talk mielie bread. Look out for:
- Three-ingredient recipes: In our quest for fast hacks that will make your life easier, we turned to – the internet. Read more here.
- Great value dish: Chicken à la king! Find the recipe here.
- Diwali: As five foodies gear up for the celebrations, they share some of their most delicious Diwali memories and recipes, including a rich eggless soji. Find the recipe for soji here.
- The anatomy of a bubbly bottle.
Remember when salted caramel ice cream was big news? How about imphepho smoked ice cream? Or samp and moong bean? Inspired by Tapi Tapi’s African flavour combos, Abigail Donnelly invented some of her own.
Any way you slice it
Pizza is the ultimate fast food, whether you order in, customise a base, or make it from scratch. Here, Hannah Lewry hosts the home-made pizza masterclass and shares six ideas for the best slice of your life.
Even with no time to cook, you can sit down to a virtuous spring veg broth, a totally affordable seafood risotto or super-easy lamb patties. But don’t take our word for it, ask Phillippa Cheifitz.