- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup soya sauce, plus 2 T
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 2 t sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, nely chopped
- 1 T honey
- 2 t sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 Woolworths nori sheets, shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Marinate the chicken breasts in the sweet chilli sauce and ½ cup soya sauce while you prepare the salad ingredients.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado, then arrange the avocado, red onion and baby cucumbers in a large bowl or 4 smaller bowls.
Pan-fry the chicken breasts for 3 minutes on each side, or until caramelised.
Transfer to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Combine the remaining soya sauce, sesame oil, garlic and honey and drizzle over the salad. Slice the chicken and place on top of the salad, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds and shredded nori. Season to taste.