This savoury pancake makes for a great plant-based dinner. It's served with an asparagus salad, but you can have it with any salad you'd like.
- 4 large baby marrows, grated
- 1 baby cabbage, shredded
- 3 T Woolworths golden flaxseed flour
- 3 T flour
- salt, to taste
- 1 T coconut oil
- For the asparagus salad, toss:
- 12 spears asparagus, blanched and chopped
- 100 g baby leaves
- 1 t Woolworths honey mustard
- 2 t Woolworths chilli oil
- 3 T apple cider vinegar
1. Mix all the pancake ingredients except the oil. Melt the oil in a large pan.
2. Spoon the mixture into the pan and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn over and cook for 3 minutes. Serve topped with the salad.
Cook's note: Add a handful of chopped spinach or kale, or replace the asparagus with Tenderstem. If you don't follow a plant-based diet, you can add one of Woolies' selection of lamb sausages. The range includes rosemary lamb sausage and halaal dhania sausage. Grill your favourite and serve it sliced on the side.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Danielle Smith