- 1 kg Woolworths Kara orange sweet potatoes, washed and halved lengthways
- 3 T olive oil
- 2 T coconut or olive oil
- 4 sticks celery, sliced (leaves reserved)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 x 180 g pack Woolworths plant-powered protein savoury mince
- Woolworths prepared garlic, ginger, chilli and fresh turmeric cubes
- 180 g hummus
- plain yoghurt, for serving
- red cabbage, thinly shredded, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a large baking tray, toss in 2 T olive oil and seasoning, then roast for 45 minutes until caramelised and tender.
2. Heat the olive or coconut oil in a pan, then fry the celery leaves until crispy – be careful as they can splatter – then drain on kitchen paper.
3. Add the turmeric, ginger and garlic to the same pan and fry for 1 minute, or until fragrant, then add the savoury mince and cook until cooked through and warm. Serve hot over the warm Kara sweet potatoes in bowls, topped with the hummus, yoghurt, celery and cabbage. Season to taste and garnish with the crispy celery leaves.
Photographs: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira