- 210 g self-raising flour
- 165 g caster sugar
- 3 T black sesame seeds, blended until fine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 155 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- For the icing:
- 4 T salted butter
- 1/3 cup tahini
- icing sugar, a pinch
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 22 cm bundt tin.
2. Sift the flour and sugar into a large bowl, then beat in the remaining ingredients.
3. Pour the batter into the bundt tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
4. To make the icing, place all the ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until fluffy.
5. Ice the cake once it has cooled.
Cook's note: This cake is delicious with a steaming cup of coffee. Use white sesame seeds if you don't have black.