- For the butter-bean mash, blend:
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans, drained, reserve the liquid
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- 40 g wild rocket, to garnish
- 100 g feta, crumbled, to garnish
- 2 cups roasted tomatoes, optional, for serving
For the butter-bean mash, blend: butter beans, lemon juice, garlic cloves and olive oil.
Serve the butter-bean mash with the roasted tomato sauce and wild rocket. Crumble over the feta.
EGG-FREE MAYO? YES, REALLY!
Don’t throw away the brine from cans of beans – use the liquid to make an egg-free mayo. Using a stick blender, blend 1 T lemon juice, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1⁄2 t English mustard, 3 T butter-bean brine and 1 cup sunflower oil until thick. Season and add more lemon juice to taste.