- 8 free-range chicken breasts
- 250 g Woolworths Clarke’s chipotle chilli sauce
- 1 kg purple sweet potatoes, roasted
- 350 g green beans
- 3 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 T crème fraîche or sour cream
- 10 g fresh coriander, chopped
1. Marinate the chicken breasts in the chilli sauce for at least an hour, or preferably overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the sweet potatoes in the oven to heat. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan unil searing hot. Toss the green beans in 1 T olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Place in the pan and cook until the beans are charred and tender, turning often using tongs. Remove from the pan, drizzle with half the lemon juice and set aside.
3. Brush any excess marinade off the chicken, toss in the remaining olive oil and sear on both sides until grill marks appear.
4. Remove from the pan and arrange on a baking tray, pour over any leftover marinade and place into the oven for 5–10 minutes until cooked through but still succulent.
5. While the chicken is in the oven, make the mash. Place the warm sweet potatoes in a saucepan and mash roughly, skins and all. Place over a medium heat and fold through the crème fraîche or sour cream. Season to taste and add the lemon zest and coriander. Serve with the chicken and green beans. A dollop of salted lemony yoghurt would also be delicious on the side.
Photographs: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira