- 250 g penne
- 300 g roughly shredded Swiss chard or spinach
- 4 free-range eggs
- 1 cup cream
- About 100 g grated Parmesan
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, for sprinkling (optional)
- Olive oil, for dribbling (optional)
- About 250 g ricotta, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and reserve the water.
Return water to the boil and add the chard. Cook for a few minutes until wilted. Drain well and squeeze out any remaining moisture, then separate the leaves.
Beat together the eggs, cream, ricotta and Parmesan, setting aside 1–2 T for sprinkling.
Season to taste. Mix with the pasta and chard.
Turn into an oiled, deep baking pan (19–20 cm in diameter and 6 cm deep), lined with baking paper. Bake for 30 minutes or until set and browned.
Leave for about 5 minutes, then invert and remove the paper. Invert again onto a serving plate and dust with the remaining Parmesan.
Cut into wedges for serving.
Per serving: 2180.7 kJ, 19.9 g protein, 31 g fat, 37.8 g carbs