"You can double up the roast veg to blitz into a soup later, or wrap in soft tortillas.” – Khanya Mzongwana
- For the chipotle sauce:
- ¼ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Woolworths chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- lime, plus extra for serving
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 T honey or brown sugar
- salt, to taste
- For the root vegetables:
- 300 g Woolworths root vegetables and butternut, (save the rest for soup!)
- 100 g canned red kidney beans, rinsed (freeze the rest)
- olive oil, for drizzling
- sour cream, for serving
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 25 g Woolworths salsa nacho chips
1. To make the chipotle sauce, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Rub the vegetables and beans with ½ cup of the chipotle sauce and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 25 minutes, or until caramelised.
3. To serve, place the veggies in a bowl, then dollop with sour cream and top with the avocado and nachos. Serve warm.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Ellah Maepa