- 190 g self-raising flour
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 T cocoa powder
- 1 t bicarbonate of soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 2 T golden syrup
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil, plus 2 T
- 1/2 cup milk, plus 2 T
- 75 g crystallised ginger, chopped
- 5 T cookie butter (see note)
- mini marshmallows, to decorate
- chocolate chips, to decorate
- Woolworths Chuckles, to decorate
- shaved coconut, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 25 x 20 cm wide-edged baking tray with baking paper.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl, then make a well in the centre.
3. Add the syrup, eggs, oil, milk and ginger, then mix until combined. Pour into the baking tray.
4. Bake for 25–35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Remove from the tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
6. Cut into squares and decorate with the cookie butter and toppings.