- 4 T butter
- 220 g marshmallows
- 35 g cocoa
- 100 g 70% dark chocolate , chopped
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- For the chocolate ganache:
- 150 g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup cream, whipped
1. Line a 21 cm square baking tin with baking paper and spray with cooking spray. Melt the butter in a large saucepan until almost fully melted. Reduce the heat to low and add the marshmallows, cocoa and chocolate.
2. Mix using a wooden spoon until the marshmallows have melted, then add the Rice Krispies one cup at a time until just combined.
3. Place into the baking tin and flatten using a wooden spoon or spatula, then chill for 15–20 minutes.
4. To make the ganache, melt the chocolate in a saucepan or in the microwave. Whisk in half the cream until fully combined, then do the same with the remaining cream until smooth. Gently spread on top of the Rice Krispie treats. Cut into squares to serve.
Photographs: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Jacqueline Burgess