- 2 T olive oil
- 50 g butter
- 200 g baby leeks, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- 5 g fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 400 g Woolworths chopped Swiss chard
- 2 x 400 g packets Woolworths fresh gnocchi, cooked
- 150 g Boursin soft cheese or goat’s cheese
- 300 g Woolworths broad beans in pods, blanched and podded
- lemon juice, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan and soften the leeks and garlic for 5 minutes over a low heat.
2. Add the cream, thyme and seasoning, then simmer for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
3. Finely chop the Swiss chard and stir into the cream just before you are ready to eat. Let the leaves wilt into the cream until tender.
4. Add the cooked gnocchi and heat through. Top with the broad beans and dot liberally with Boursin or goat’s cheese to serve. Squeeze over the lemon juice.
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Food assistant: Kate Ferreira
View this post on Instagram