- 8 ripe plums, stoned and cut into chunks
- 1 T water
- 2 duck breasts, fat removed
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 200 g green beans, rinsed and tailed
- 70 g wild rocket, for serving
- freshly ground black pepper
Place a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the plums and water, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the plums are cooked through and of a saucy consistency.
Place the duck breasts, skin side down, in a medium-hot pan drizzled with olive oil and fry for 15 minutes, or until the duck is cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, place the beans in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 to 4 minutes, until cooked but still crunchy, then drain and refresh in iced water.
Slice the duck breasts and serve on a bed of wild rocket with the diced green beans. Top with a spoon of the plum sauce and a crack of black pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
Per serving: 1694.9kJ, 31.8g protein, 17.4g fat, 27.6g carbs