- 1 multiseed rustica loaf, halved
- Butter, for spreading, to taste
- 3 - 4 Flavourburst white nectarines, sliced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 ball fior di latte mozzarella, torn
- 50 g spicy chorizo, finely chopped and fried
- Fresh basil leaves, for topping, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling
Halve the loaf lengthways, spread generously with butter and grill until toasted. Slice the Flavourburst white nectarines and toss with the lemon juice. Tear the flor di latte mozzarella over the toasted bread and top with the nectarines, spicy chorizo, a drizzle of olive oil and fresh basil leaves. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Cook's note: The fresh sweetness of nectarine slices instead of classic tomato makes for a delicious sandwich. Top with spicy pan-fried chorizo for carnivores.