- 2 litres water
- 400 g sugar
- 2 T ground ginger
- 1 t cream of tartar
- raisins, a handful
- 1 pineapple, peeled
- 1 t instant dry yeast
- Woolworths Extremely Creamy Madagascan vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Ingredients aren't specified.
1. To make the ginger beer, pour 2 cups water into a saucepan. Add the sugar and dissolve over a low heat, stirring regularly. Add the ginger, cream of tartar, raisins, pineapple peel and the remaining water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Allow to cool (about an hour), then stir in the yeast. Cover and leave to stand overnight. Strain through a sieve into a 2-litre bottle and chill before serving.
3. Pour the chilled ginger beer into tall glasses and carefully top with a scoop of ice cream – two, if you’re feeling indulgent.