- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 Woolworths Roma tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- 350 g green beans, blanched
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and bay leaves. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and seasoning, then cook for 10 minutes, or until soft.
3. Serve the beans topped with the hot tomatoes.
Photographs: Andrea Van Der Spuy
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Irinja Bekker