- ½ cup good-quality mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 T fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Purée all the ingredients except the salt and pepper until smooth in a food processor. Season to taste.
Cook’s note: This creamy dressing is delicious with crudités, prawns, chicken, or with a green salad.
The dressing can be made 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill.