- 250 g Woolworths red adzuki beans, soaked overnight
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 large leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 T tomato paste
- 1 x 400 g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 100 g red split lentils
- 1/2 butternut, peeled, diced and roasted
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, cubed and steamed
- 100 g goat’s cheese
- 50 g butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Drain the adzuki beans and place in a large saucepan. Cover with water and cook according to package instructions.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the leeks, carrot and celery. Fry until golden, then add the garlic, thyme and chillies. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomato paste, cherry tomatoes, stock and lentils. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked. Remove from the heat and fold through the cooked adzuki beans and roast butternut.
3. Mash the cooked sweet potato, goat’s cheese and butter together. Season to taste.
4. Pour the bean mixture into a large ovenproof dish. Top with the sweet potato mash. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes, or until golden.