“This is such a simple recipe. The basil pesto feta adds a salty edge, and the grated baby marrow is folded through uncooked, to wilt in the heat of the dish, adding lightness.” – Hannah Lewry
- 150 g feta
- 60 g Woolworths fresh basil pesto
- 150 g leeks, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 50 g butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 90 g orzo pasta rice
- 1 x 500 ml carton Woolworths organic chicken stock
- 1 x 280 g jar Woolworths arrabbiata sauce
- 1 t thyme, chopped
- 300 g baby marrow, grated
- red chilli, chopped, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place with the pesto. Allow to stand at room temperature while you prepare the rest of the dish.
2. Heat a deep 26 cm ovenproof pan. Sauté the leeks and garlic in the butter and olive oil until softened.
3. Add the orzo and toast as you would risotto. Add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the arrabbiata sauce and thyme, stir and cover with a lid. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Stir the baby marrow through the marinated feta and add the chilli. Serve with the orzo.
Cook's note: Level up for a crow - Sear boneless chicken thighs on both sides, then add to the pasta. Submerge them in the liquid and bake to make this dish go further.
Photographs: Myburgh Du Plessis
Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen