- For the orange sweet-and-sour sauce:
- 4 oranges, juiced, plus 3 T extra
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soya sauce
- 3 T brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 2x2 cm ginger piece, finely grated
- 2 T cornflour
- 400 g Woolworths smoked pork fillet
- 240 g cake flour
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- 200 g Panko breadcrumbs or cornflake crumbs
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 30 g coriander
- 1 red chillies, roughly chopped
- basil, to garnish
- mint, to garnish
- microherbs, to garnish
To make the orange sweet-and-sour sauce, place the orange juice, rice vinegar, soya sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger in a saucepan over a medium heat.
Bring to a boil, mix the?3 T extra orange juice with the cornflour and add to the sauce. Cook for a further 5 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken slightly.
To make the crispy smoked pork, cut the pork fillet into large chunks, coat in the flour and then the egg. Shake off any excess egg and coat in the Panko or cornflake breadcrumbs.
Heat the oil. Gently place the pork in the oil and fry until crisp and golden, about 2 minutes. Drain on kitchen paper.
Spoon the sweet-and-sour sauce into a serving dish and add the crispy pork. Garnish with the spring onion, coriander, chilli, basil, mint and microherbs.?