- 1 x 700 g Woolworths baby potatoes in garlic butter bag
- 8 Woolworths free-range chicken thighs
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 garlic head, separated into cloves
- 1 cup Woolworths peri-peri sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 x 25 g Woolworths chicken stock concentrate stick
- ½ cup water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g Woolworths Pepperito red peppers, halved and seeded
- 100 g butter
- baby spinach, for serving
- parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Microwave the baby potatoes for 10 minutes.
2. Arrange the chicken, onions and garlic in a large, deep baking tray and toss with the peri-peri sauce, olive oil, chicken stock and water.
3. Add the baby potatoes and crush using a fork, then season. Add the peppers and dot with the butter. Roast for 45 minutes, basting in the peri-peri sauce regularly to caramelise. Serve with the baby spinach, garnished with parsley.
Cook's note: "Chicken thighs are my favourite cuts, the skinless, boneless thighs are so forgiving – very difficult to overcook and remain juicy. However, skin-on chicken thighs on the bone are a total game-changer. They do all the hard work for you underneath that shard of crispy, delicious skin. Bake in sauces for maximum flavour and tenderness, or marinate overnight in spices and yoghurt before braaiing."
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Food assistants: Claire Gooderson & Emma Nkunzana