- 1 large bunch fresh beetroot, cleaned
- olive oil, for coating
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 x 200 g matured free-range rump steaks
- 2 T olive oil
- 100 g raw pistachios, roughly chopped
- pickled ginger, for serving
- For the Asian dressing, combine:
- 1 stem lemon grass, finely grated
- 1 x 5 cm thumb fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 4 T red-wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
Coat the beetroots in a little olive oil, season to taste, then individually wrap in tinfoil and place on a baking tray. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until slightly soft and fragrant. Heat a nonstick frying pan over a high heat. Rub the steaks with olive oil then roll in the pistachio until evenly coated. Fry for 4 minutes a side, or until done to your liking.
Remove from the pan then leave to rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
Toss the warm beetroots in the Asian dressing then serve alongside the pistachio-crusted steaks. Scatter with pickled ginger then season to taste.
Per serving: 3252.7kJ, 46.5g protein, 62.6g fat, 24.5g carbs
From rib-eye to rump, sirloin to fi llet, these quick and easy ways with beef elevate steak to a whole new level.