- 1 T white vinegar
- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T butter
- 8 slices French loaf or ciabatta
- 2 T Woolworths sundried tomato pesto
- 2 T Woolworths basil pesto
- 2 T Woolworths coriander, chilli and lime pesto
Fill a medium-sized saucepan to 3⁄4 with water. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil.
Stir the water to create a whirlpool, then crack in 1 egg. Cook for 5–6 minutes for medium, then remove from the water using a slotted spoon. Do the same with the remaining eggs.
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large frying pan. Fry the bread for 2–3 minutes, then turn and cook the other side.
Spread the bread with the pesto, and top with an egg.
Cook’s note: You can also use olive tapenade instead of the pesto.