- 175 g self-raising flour
- 100 g almond flour
- 220 g caster sugar
- 1/4 cup full-cream milk
- 125 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 t vanilla paste
- 2 free-range eggs
- 375 g smooth ricotta
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 250 g fresh raspberries
- vanilla ice cream or double-thick cream, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease a 23 x 23 cm cake tin.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Add the wet ingredients and combine.
4. Pour into the greased cake tin, stud with the raspberries and bake for 1 hour and 25 minutes until the edges start to brown and the middle is still pale.
5. Serve with ice cream or double-thick cream.
Cook’s note: A 21 or 25 cm cake tin will also work for this recipe. This cake has a gooey, pudding-like texture and can be served warm or cold with vanilla ice cream or double-thick cream. It’ll keep for a week in the fridge in an airtight container.