- 2 bunches heirloom carrots
- 2 cups Woolworths organic carrot juice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 clove black garlic (or ordinary garlic)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 g butter
- 150 g radishes
- 2 T honey
- 1 t fresh thyme
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 x 250 g fresh ricotta tub
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Poach the carrots in the carrot juice and vegetable stock over a medium heat for 20 minutes or until soft.
Sprinkle the garlic with sea salt, mash with the back of a knife and mix with the butter to form a paste.
Remove the carrots from the juice and arrange on a baking tray with the radishes. Coat with the garlic butter, honey and thyme. Season to taste and roast for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
Gently fold the buttermilk into the ricotta a little at a time until smooth. Spoon over the carrots just before serving.
Cook's note: Save time by poaching the carrots in advance and roasting them shortly before serving.