- 1 kg Woolworths Beauregard orange sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into chips
- 3 T olive oil
- ½ T ground cumin
- 1 T ground coriander
- Salt, to taste
- For the sriracha tartare sauce, mix:
- 1 cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 4 mild dill gherkins, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 T coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 T sriracha sauce
Preheat the oven to 200°C and place the sweet potato chips on a baking tray.
Mix the olive oil and spices, then pour over the sweet potatoes and toss so that they are all evenly coated with the oil. Bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and turn the chips over. Return to the oven and bake until cooked through and golden brown. Season with salt and serve with the sriracha tartare sauce.
Chef's note: “Eat these chips with anything – you’re going to polish off the whole tray.”