- 250 g Woolworths rainbow trout fillet
- 4 T soya sauce
- 3 T brown sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 Woolworths bagels
- 4 T cream cheese
- 10 g mint leaves
- 50 g spring onions, sliced diagonally
- For the apple mustard:
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 2 T wholegrain mustard
- 1 T honey
- 1 t lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Marinate the trout in the soya sauce and brown sugar for 1 hour. Combine all the ingredients for the apple mustard and set aside until ready to use.
2. Heat a griddle pan and add the olive oil. Panfry the trout fillet for 2 minutes on each side. Allow to rest.
3. Cut the slider buns open and spread with cream cheese. Top with pieces of the trout, mint leaves, a spoonful of apple mustard, spring onion and salt and pepper.
Cook's note: Cream cheese gives this sandwich a bit of fanciness and the apple mustard adds a sour sweetness that cuts through the richness of the rainbow trout. A very cool sarm.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen