- 1 large free-range turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 150 g ready-made pork, apricot and almond stuffing
- 150 g ready-made cranberry, apple and sage stuffing
- 3 T vegetable oil
- 100 g butter, cubed
- 16 bacon-wrapped chipolatas
- 3 T brown sugar
- 6 ripe figs
Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
Line a baking tray with foil.
Dry the turkey thoroughly with kitchen paper and season the cavity before spooning in the two stuffings. Rub the turkey with oil and season before arranging, breast up, on the baking tray and dot with half the butter cubes. Roast for 2 hours, basting frequently, or until cooked to your liking.
Arrange the bacon-wrapped chipolatas in a hot pan and fry for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
Place the remaining butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and gently melt over a low heat.
Tear the figs in half and glaze in the syrupy butter. Serve with the sausages and turkey.