- 500 g pork belly
- 1 T sea salt
- mashed potatoes, for serving
- red butter lettuce, to garnish
- For the pepper sauce:
- 2 T butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 T brandy (optional)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 2 T green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1/2 t mixed peppercorns, ground
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Place the pork on a roasting tray and carefully score the rind using a sharp knife. Rub with the sea salt.
2. Roast for 2 hours, or until soft and the rind is puffed up and crackly.
3. To make the pepper sauce, heat the butter and the garlic in a pan. Add the brandy if using and cook for 1 minute. I use gas to flambé the brandy by tilting the pan towards the flame. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for
4. To serve, slice the pork and serve with the sauce and potatoes.