- 500 g pork belly
- 1 T sea salt
- mashed potatoes, for serving
- red butter lettuce, to garnish
- For the pepper sauce:
- 2 T butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 T brandy (optional)
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup beef stock
- 2 T green peppercorns in brine, drained
- 1/2 t mixed peppercorns, ground
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Place the pork on a roasting tray and carefully score the rind using a sharp knife. Rub with the sea salt.
2. Roast for 2 hours, or until soft and the rind is puffed up and crackly.
3. To make the pepper sauce, heat the butter and the garlic in a pan. Add the brandy if using and cook for 1 minute. I use gas to flambé the brandy by tilting the pan towards the flame. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. To serve, slice the pork and serve with the sauce and potatoes.