- 8 free-range eggs
- 1 T fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 T fish sauce
- 2 T ponzu sauce
- 3 T Kewpie mayonnaise or Woolworths vegan mayonnaise
- kimchi, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C. Place the eggs in the oven directly on the rack with at least 5 cm between each one. Reduce the temperature to 90°C and bake the eggs for 35–55 minutes depending on how you like your egg – 45 minutes is medium, and 1 hour if you’d like a hard egg. Do not open the oven while baking.
2. Meanwhile, mix the ginger, fish sauce and ponzu sauce and set aside at room temperature.
3. Once the eggs are done, cool in an ice bath for 2 minutes, then crack into a bowl, pour over the dressing and serve with the mayo and kimchi.
Photography: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Bianca Strydom