- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 T tomato paste
- 3 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chutney
- 3 T Worcester sauce
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 T Tabasco sauce
- 1 t Woolworths Lazy Kettle hickory liquid smoke extract
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and fry the onion and garlic until translucent.
2. Add the tomato paste and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until thick, then remove from the heat.
Cook's note: Makes 2 cups of sauce, enough to marinade 12 chicken wings.