- 3 T vegetable oil
- 750 g free-range chicken livers
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 T Woolworths steak-and-chops seasoning
- 2 T paprika
- 1 T smoked chilli flakes
- 1 T ground coriander
- 1 T ground cumin
- 3 pomegranate molasses
- 30 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 T coriander pesto, for serving
- 3 T Greek yoghurt, for serving
- pomegranate rubies, for serving
- fresh basil, for serving
- flatbreads or rice, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the chicken livers until browned and caramelised, but a little pink in the middle. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, fry the onions, then add the garlic and steak-and-chops seasoning, paprika, chilli flakes, ground coriander and cumin. Fry for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft, translucent and even a little charred. Gently stir in the seared chicken livers. Add the pomegranate molasses and coriander and stir once more.
3. Turn out onto a platter, then spoon over the Greek yoghurt and coriander pesto, and scatter with pomegranate rubies and fresh basil.
Serve with flatbreads or rice.
Photograph: Willow Tucker