- 300 g spinach, blanched, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 T flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan grated, plus extra for serving
- ¼ t nutmeg
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 T butter
- For the salsa verde, mix:
- 1 T mint roughly chopped
- 2 T parsley roughly chopped
- ½ T celery leaves roughly chopped
- 20 capers
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 T white wine vinegar
- 1 t sugar
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
Cook the spinach and ricotta in a pan for 3 minutes, or until all the liquid has evaporated.
Add the remaining ingredients, except the butter, mix gently and chill for 30 minutes.
Roll the mixture into small balls, roll in flour, place on a tray and chill for a further 30 minutes.
Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the gnocchi in batches for 3–5 minutes, or until they float to the surface. Remove from the water using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
Just before serving, fry the gnocchi in the butter over a very high heat until golden brown. Serve with the salsa verde and extra Parmesan.