- For the matchstick fries:
- 200 g Woolworths Nicola Mediterranean potatoes, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- For the anchovy-spinach sauce:
- 200 g butter
- 20 g anchovies, chopped
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 200 g baby spinach
- 400 g tenderised steak
To make the matchstick fries, toss the potato matchsticks in paper towel to dry and blot off the excess starch. Heat the sunflower oil in a medium-sized saucepan. Fry the potatoes in batches until golden brown, then remove using a slotted spoon. Drain on kitchen paper.
To make the anchovy-spinach sauce, heat the butter and a dash of olive oil in a pan and fry the anchovies until they melt. Add the vinegar and pepper and set aside.
To cook the steak, heat sunflower oil in a pan over a high heat and pan-fry the steaks for 1 minute on each side.
To serve, mix the spinach into the warm anchovy sauce until wilted. Serve the steak with the sauce and fries.