- 2 T Woolworths Asian tamarind paste
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- For the pistachio pesto, blend:
- 100 g pistachios
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 8 cabbage leaves, blanched
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cut into matchsticks
- 1 x 90 g sachet Woolworths red onion pickled topper
- 50 g pickled ginger, for serving
- 15 g Woolworths tahini seed sprinkle, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Mix the tamarind paste and olive oil and coat the chicken breasts in the mixture.
Heat a nonstick pan over a high heat. Fry the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown. Place on a baking tray and finish in the oven for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside and slice in half.
To assemble the wraps, spread the pistachio pesto onto one side of each cabbage leaf. Top with the red onion pickle, apple, ginger and tamarind chicken. Sprinkle over the tahini seed sprinkle and roll up.
Cook's note: Savoy, green, red… cabbage may be humble but, along with other trendier brassicas like kale and broccoli, is hard-hitting in the superfood stakes. High in vitamins, antioxidants and fibre, it’s an inexpensive addition to your crisper drawer.
3 QUICK WAYS WITH CABBAGE
1. Thinly slice cabbage and carrots and drizzle with almond butter thinned with coconut milk.
2. Use whole cabbage leaves as “bowls” for salads.
3. Stir-fry sliced cabbage in olive oil, adding a dash of apple cider vinegar when the cabbage is just wilted.