- 8–10 Woolworths baby sweet potatoes, sliced
- 125 g crème fraîche
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 x 160 g Woolworths rib-eye steaks pack
- 1 x 160 ml Woolworths teriyaki sauce jar
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 15 g coriander
- 15 g basil
1. Parboil the sweet potatoes in salted water until just cooked, about 8–10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Mix the crème fraîche with the lime juice and zest and add salt to taste.
2. Heat 2 T olive oil in a pan and cook the steaks to your liking, adding the teriyaki sauce and for the last 2–3 minutes of cooking time, basting the steaks until caramelised and sticky. Allow to rest.
3. While the steaks are cooking, heat the remaining olive oil in a clean pan and fry the cooked sweet potatoes until golden and crispy, about 10–12 minutes. Sprinkle with the paprika just before serving.
4. Slice the steak and serve with the warm potatoes, crème fraîche and herbs tossed in olive oil.
COOK’S TIP: I always slice steak before serving; it makes it go further, and pouring over the pan juices adds extra flavour.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Claire-Ellen Van Rooyen