- for the base, combine:
- 150 g Woolworths caramel popcorn, blended
- 300 g butter, melted
- for the filling:
- 2 cups cream
- 200 g Muscovado sugar
- 9 free-range egg yolks
- 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled and quartered
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C and grease a 27 cm quiche dish.
2. Press the base into the quiche dish.
3. To make the filling, bring the cream to the boil. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolks. Once the cream is boiling, pour it over the egg-yolk mixture while whisking.
4. Pour the custard over the popcorn base and top with the apples. Bake for 50 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool overnight before serving.