- 2 chillies, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red onion, choppped
- 2 T olive oil
- 2x 400 g cans Woolworths smoky chipotle-and-tomato soup
- 1 - 1.5 kg fresh mussels, cleaned (or frozen parcooked half-shell mussels)
- 1x Woolworths garlic butter- filled ciabatta
- Woolworths fresh basil pesto, to serve
- mascarpone or crème fraîche, to serve (optional)
- roasted tomatoes, to serve (optional)
1. Fry the chillies, garlic and red onion in the olive oil in a large pan.
2. Add the cans of chipotle-and-tomato soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the mussels and cover with a lid for 5–7 minutes, or until the mussels have all opened. Discard any that do not open. (If you're using frozen parcooked half-shell mussels, reduce the cooking time to 3–5 minutes.)
4. Pull apart the ciabatta and grill until toasted and the butter has melted. Top the mussels with Woolworths fresh basil pesto and a dollop of mascarpone or crème fraîche, if using. Add roasted tomatoes just before serving, if using.